BF2 linux server libc

Thomas Kuerten nospam at oddlnet.de
Tue Nov 29 18:52:23 EST 2005

Hi all,

I think I remember that one day we had a solution for this on this list
for bf1942, so I am asking now for BF2:

All BF2 linuxded versions are too new for my poor old RedHat 8 linux
server (with loads of update patches).

It tells me:

[thomas at ottifant bf2]$ ./start.sh
/home/thomas/BF2/bf2/bin/ia-32/bf2: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version
`GLIBCPP_3.2.2' not found (required by /home/thomas/BF2/bf2/bin/ia-32/bf2)

Do you have any hint for me to come around that ? I recall updating
GLIBC to be a pain in the a**, so maybe there is another way with some
temporary linked libraries ?

Alternatively I would look for the statically linked libraries, that
Andreas mentions in the README, but I cannot find one ?

Please help !

thanks,
Thomas.