[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Brendan Cosman bcosman at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 13 07:50:37 EDT 2005

I'm unqualified to comment on the rest of your email, because in Australia
the vast majority of BF/DC/BFV servers are hosted by ISPs, which have almost
certainly made accomodations with EA to provide official servers.

However, a couple of things:

Your unofficial server may choose to use the ranking from the official
servers for unlocks, so once a player has unlocked a weapon by enough kills
(?) on official servers, they can freely play on your unofficial server and
select that unlocked weapon if they choose (again, only if you allow it in
your server settings).

Also, having played the game for a few hours, the M16 is not in any way
weak.  It has (as is 'realistic') both a single shot mode and a three shot
burst mode.  The inability to go full auto is actually a noob friendly
option, preventing inexperienced players from firing most of their clip into
the roof / sky.  As a very experienced BF1942 / DC player, I found it more
than a match for the AK101 used by the MEC players.

Again, I'm not trying to minimise your concerns, because they are foreign to
me and my experience, I'm just trying to provide a little more information
for you to draw upon.

Malthius.