[bf1942] BF2 linux server at launch

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Tue May 3 03:38:07 EDT 2005

Andreas Fredriksson wrote:

> While I had an Linux/AMD-64 server up and running for the longest time
> of BF2, EA finally realized that it was a good idea to ship it at
> launch :-)
>
> I hope everything works out with this little baby of mine.
>
> // Andreas

This is absolutely fantastic, Andreas - thank you so much for your effort!

A quick question that I am hoping you can answer: The interview at IGSOA
states that the 64-bit version of the server will have "significant
performance increases". Do you have any numbers here? Are we talking 20%
increase, 50%, 100% :D

Cheers,
Einar S. Idsø
aka Kybber, Battlefield.no