[bf1942] EA just cancelled the SDK for BF2

Sebastian Kleye sebastian.kleye at web.de
Tue Mar 22 12:19:54 EST 2005

Sorry, but even DC in BF42 brought up a new "push" gameplay mode (it is
now implemented in BF2)...the possibilities in tweaking the engine's
physics should be clear for all the mod teams! All mods in BF42 or BFV
are basing on the same technics after all and if somebody thinks a mod
intended for the BF engine will be better in maybe HL2 or UT then please
switch! I would never play something like PoE or Forgotten Hope on
another engine and I cannot imagine what can be made better on other
engines with this kind of mods...
There should be a lot of space for the mod-devs to act around. If
not...then you can start a petition for releasing somthing SDKish but
please wait til the game and the Battlefield Editor is released! EA/DICE
has already shown a lot of mod support in the past times.
For me I cannot imagine which hyperüberspecialities a SDK would give to
us?! I could live with the basic conquest and push modes.

regards

Sebastian