[bf1942] Sorting out the lag-issue

Thong Tong theman1971 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:14:14 EDT 2005

I beg to differ.  I am running a 64-player demo server full 24/7 my Dual
Xeon 2.8, 1GB ram Win2003 without any lag.  That's not the only server
that's on there, I also have a 32-player retail server on the same box.
Full now and then.  I experience no lag in-game when both are full.  The
only issue I had was the dang crashing every 6 hours with the retail server.
  The Demo server is rock solid.  In addition to the 64 and 32 player
servers, it's also serving up TS, FTP, and a 24-player CS server.  No lag
what-so-ever in the 64-player server.

Also, I'm running another 64-player retail server on a P4 2.8Ghz, 512Mb ram
without any lag.  Same problem with the crashing every 6 hours though.

So whoever can't run a 64-player server on a dual xeon should really
investigate the box and it's configuration bc it is possible.