[bf1942] TKPunish broke?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Mon Jun 27 21:18:40 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:22 AM +1000 David Harrison
<trogspam at games.telstra.com> wrote:

> If it is not set, they are not punished. So its more about what happens
> if the subject of the TK does not press charges, so to speak - the game
> assumes they're guilty and smites them.

I believe that's what he's observing and if so it's a bug: The system
should not punish if PunishByDefault is zero.

> We're finding a lot of people are always punishing so from a social
> perspective I don't think it makes any difference whether this is on or
> off :)

I tend to get confused in the heat of battle and hit the wrong key,
thinking I'm saying "no" to punish rather than "yes" to forgive. If the
default were "forgive", I'd just ignore the message unless I could clearly
tell the perp was a repeat deliberate offender.