[bf1942] Disconnecting after every round

Mike Miller daitengu at 151hosting.com
Sat Jun 25 18:57:57 EDT 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:53:45 -0500, Nigel Smart
<nigel.smart at tranceairwaves.com> wrote:

> While we're on the subject of python, ive taken a look at most of the
> python scripts, and come across some things that were a little odd.. for
> instance, the scoring system, how many point you get per kill, death,
> team kill etc, is all editable in the python files, no wonder EA
> restricted the ranked servers, anyone can edit these files to give more
> points per kill etc etc .. just slightly odd that DICE have made these
> files so easily "moddable"? if thats the right word to use.

It seems like a good idea to me, You can change the functionality of the
game for non-ranked servers.

I would, however, like to see a 'fix' for the ranked servers, if you have
a negative score in teamwork (TKs from
artillery strikes, etc.) and your team wins the round, it doubles your
score. effectively doubling your negative score.
If you had a -5, you now have a -10 that gets reported to the ranking
systems.

While some people would say that's a great idea, for those who are good
commanders that spend most of their time in the overview mode supporting
their squads with UAVs, Supplies and Artillery, you inevitably wind up
with a negative score
in teamwork due to the random person deciding that running into a place
where you're dropping an artillery barage is a good idea.

--
Mike "DaiTengu" Miller
151 Hosting

Operations Director