[bf1942] Server terminating when reattaching to screen

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Fri Jun 24 17:07:43 EDT 2005

Einar S. Idsø wrote:
> We are currently running all our servers within screen sessions. This
> enables us to enter the console at will to issue commands. However, it
> seems that about 1 in 2 times when I try to reattach to a running
> server, the server terminates. This makes running the server w/i a
> screen simply too risky to be helpful.
>
> The 32-bit server runs on a P4 with 1GB RAM and Gentoo Linux.
> $ screen --version
> Screen version 4.00.02 (FAU) 5-Dec-03
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> Einar

Used to have the same problem.   I connected via SSH from a console
window in Solaris, then attached the screen I wanted to manage.  If I
resized the terminal window, the server would terminate and restart.
It would also happen if I happened to inadvertently hit "enter" without
typing anything in the console.   Never figured out why.

/BA