[bf1942] Reserved slots?

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Wed Jun 22 16:32:33 EDT 2005

On 6/22/2005 12:53 PM, kama wrote:
> This have been working on CS for as long as I can remember... Havn't got a
> complain about it yet.

I've no doubt it works.. for you. We don't want to be kicking people for
no apparent reason. I've played on servers which do this and find it
incredibly infuriating.

>>Setting the password seems like a less hostile solution from the
>>perspective of the end user. We're working on it now and hopefully will
>>have something to test shortly.
>

> Wonder if that would not confuse the players... If it sets the password
> every now and then... causual players may think its an warserver or invite
> server only and skip that server.

It's a compromise between completely passwording the server, or not
being able to let our regulars join with ease. Without a built in
reserved slots feature, it's the best we can do.

James