[bf1942] Firewall Ports Part II

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Mon Jun 20 09:22:58 EDT 2005

--On Monday, June 20, 2005 1:39 PM +0100 Steven Hartland
<killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> TCP IN ANY 80 Battle recorder port

Aha! So that's for the client, and might vary if the prefix offered by the
server has a port override. (Does the client recognize the port field in a
URL? Does it have full URL parsing, including username and password?) It's
also an outbound destination, so one doesn't open the local port 80 for
this. For a server, it's inbound only on the web server, which might be a
completely different machine from the game server.

This is the kind of info we really need so we can make proper policy
decisions. Thanks, Steve.