[bf1942] Another angle

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Thu Jun 16 15:17:01 EDT 2005

Actually I would respectfully disagree, and assert that they could indeed
force you to use gamespy only.  If you look at the current crop of cable
boxes that, to my knowledge, have not yet been "hacked" despite being out
for several years, you might agree.  When you can have a sort of rotating
hash system the only way to really hack it is to break the encryption,
which is not that easy to do.

In fact, it really annoys me that I can't copy recorded shows from my
Scientific Atlanta PVR, so if anyone knows of a hack to do it, I'd really
love a private email!

But my point is only that it could be made very, very hard if the binary
will accept only a verified gamespy query to start the client.