[bf1942] Anyone get RCON working?

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:12:37 EDT 2005

On 6/16/05, Brigham Stevens <brs at vikingmind.com> wrote:
> I'm using the rcon terminal program that came with it.
> I can authenticate ok and connect, but when I try the commands listed in
> the ReadmeServer.txt it complains that it is an unknown command every time.

You need to prefix console commands with 'exec'. The remote console
accepts remote console commands.

I designed it this way because I wanted to open the door for admins
who might like to add their own rcon commands in the python modules.
This way there are no name clashes between console commands and any
rcon-specific commands an admin could add.

I.e. if you say 'users' you are executing the rcon command users,
which displays the authenticated rcon users, while 'exec
some.consoleCommand' will pass that console command upstream to the
game host.

For anyone interested writing their own rcon commands, the place to
look is the default.py python module in admin/.

// Andreas

---
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/atm/zatm.c