[bf1942] Response from EA regarding server Bans

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Tue Jun 14 20:15:10 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:00 PM -0700 Brigham Stevens
<brs at vikingmind.com> wrote:

> I did not mean to imply your information was crap.... Just the fact that
> everything is 2nd hand is crap! No offense intended. I mean, if EA is
> going to go through all the effort to actually respond to people
> individually, they should just be public about it to everyone so we know
> fair and square where we stand. I appreciate you sharing the gist of your
> communications with EA.

I'm guessing you haven't worked for a corporation. This is how they work
inside. No matter what you know, you dare not leak it out until someone in
power says it's ok. And it's not just a CYA thing about the profit. There
are stupid laws governing how corporations operate, many passed in panic
after Enron-like debacles that have no connection with reality but make
legislators look like they're "doing something" about the problem.

Ideally we should all switch to supporting small indy developers but it's
harder to get customers for your servers if they don't see the game
plastered all over the game magazines, and that takes Big Corporation ad
funding.