[bf1942] 32 bit versus 64 bit

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Sat Jul 30 15:44:56 EDT 2005

--On Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:57 PM -0500 Jay Vasallo <jayco1 at charter.net>
wrote:

> I executed the 'ulimit -c 1000' command in the shell, then started the
> BF2 server manually from within the shell; this is one method of
> fenforcing core dumps of the game server, for diagnosis. This was done to
> the 64 player i started a few hours ago. I will send core dump when it
> crashes. But the bf2 server does deposite a core dump in the folder.

Ok, I thought start.sh included a ulimit command to do that. There's a
comment suggesting that it would be taken out for release builds but I
leave mine enabled:

# Make the OS give us .core-dumps if the server crashes
# TODO: Remove before release
ulimit -c unlimited

(This doesn't appear in the very latest script, but that script is broken
because it lacks the path lookup to select 32 or 64 bit binaries, so I just
recycled the previous start.sh version.)