[bf1942] 32 bit versus 64 bit

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Sat Jul 30 14:57:49 EDT 2005

From: "ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net>

> Do you have a daemon that does that? Or is that a kernel feature that can
> be enabled by a /proc setting? I sometimes get runaways with other game
> servers and that would be a nice feature for my setup, to keep a runaway
> from sucking all the CPU away from the other games.

I executed the 'ulimit -c 1000' command in the shell, then started the BF2
server manually from within the shell; this is one method of fenforcing core
dumps of the game server, for diagnosis. This was done to the 64 player i
started a few hours ago. I will send core dump when it crashes. But the bf2
server does deposite a core dump in the folder.