[bf1942] v.103 Announcement

|TF20|Shockwave shockwave at clan-tf20.com
Fri Jul 22 17:56:35 EDT 2005

> Let *us* test them. Admins are the best front-line guys to funnel problem
> reports and filter out the chaff from their users. Look at the way UT2004
> handles this.
>
> Are they paying attention to the bug reports and RFE's on the technical
> wiki?

I think it's safe to say at this point that Dice and EA have some serious
issues with communication.  EA also has a particularly nasty habit of not
thinking things through which almost certainly means that they not only
aren't paying attention to the bug reports on the wiki but they also don't
care one whit about them either.  One would think that common sense would
drive them to the same conclusions we have reached about testing new code
yet here we are receiving the mushroom treatment once again.

Sadly, this isn't the only issue being ignored.  Many here have made other
very simple and reasonable requests that have yet to be even acknowledged.
After all, how hard would it be for someone to actually respond to questions
like whether or not we can expect documentation on the python interface?  It
literally takes 10 seconds to say something like, "I'll check on it and let
you know next Thursday.  I'm really swamped right now." or "EA won't allow
me to reply to that question." or simply "No, we aren't going to release
that information."  Instead we are forced to rely on second-hand information
from people who are in EA's inner circle of ranked server providers (thanks
to you guys for helping spread the word) and occasional replies to only a
few selected messages from the Dice crew.  The rest of the time we get
nothing at all and are left to fend for ourselves.  The fact that nobody has
addressed some of the valid issues that have been raised is nothing short of
insulting.  This lack of communication is undeniably deliberate as well as
completely unprofessional.  What I find most unusual is that both Andreas's
aren't more engaged.  We all know them to be reasonable people who care
about this product yet they are conspicuously absent.  Why they are not
taking the time to sound off on these issues is quite puzzling indeed.

If true accountability ever becomes part of the equation we will be able to
expect better results.  Until that happens, I wager we can expect more of
the same unresponsiveness we have been getting so far.  EA has no incentive
to do anything other than what they're doing right now which equates to zero
motivation for change.  I just hope that someone proves this theory wrong
and actually takes the initiative to start working with the community to
make things better.

Shockwave