[bf1942] HTML Posting sucks (Was Re: [bf1942] MD5 hashes delivery service)

Per Kristiansen per at gathering.org
Tue Jul 19 01:38:41 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 04:24:23PM -0500, Joe wrote:
> So funny..List-Daddy needs to force one or the other eventually..
>
> I got a private email from someone a while back requesting I default to
> HTML. On another list I use with this same account, I was posting HTML per a
> public request and had another private request to post plaintext.
>
> Personally, I don't give a damn. Rich Text I find a bit easier to work with
> in Outlook for whatever reason, but this is a mailing list..A bunch of
> emails threaded together..No-one ever said it would look pretty to every
> person!
>
> /rant

Reason I do not like HTML post is that i do not read mail in Outlook/firefox

Actually I read my mail on a separate box, with no GUI :)

I run sevral high volume mailing lists myself, and what I'm trying to make people understand is
this:

-how you quote is not as important , but the ability for EVERYONE to read your opinion is!

and therefore please use the lowest common denominator , aka pure text.

That's all it is, no old-school l33t RFC waving fanatic, just a desire to read
what people post without having to either forward it to my gmail or to my sandbox computer.

thank you.

--
Per Kristiansen
per at gathering.org