[bf1942] Useless comments

Nicholas McGovern hydro at downclan.com
Sat Jul 16 17:27:44 EDT 2005

On Saturday 16 Jul 2005 19:11, ScratchMonkey wrote:
> --On Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:25 AM -0600 David Stevens
>
> <dave at netdefense.ca> wrote:
> > I personally LIKE the one-liners and 2-line comments, and I find
> > that it takes very little time to scan through them.
>
> My objection is not to one-liners but to the one-liners that insist
> on quoting in full the 50-liners they reply to.

While we're at it, I don't suppose we could kick into touch those dirty
habits like top-posting and HTML emails? Lint for email anyone? Maybe
I'm just 'old school' but I remember when netiquette guides were
required reading.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1/