[bf1942] Useless comments

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Sat Jul 16 14:11:06 EDT 2005

--On Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:25 AM -0600 David Stevens
<dave at netdefense.ca> wrote:

> I personally LIKE the one-liners and 2-line comments, and I find that it
> takes very little time to scan through them.

My objection is not to one-liners but to the one-liners that insist on
quoting in full the 50-liners they reply to. The delete key is your friend.
Trim all but what you need to maintain context. Only pointy-haired bosses
(PHB's) are dumb enough to need the entire history of a conversation in
each and every message to remember what they were discussing ten minutes
ago.