[bf1942] Are you rolling back to 1.0?

"Einar S. Idsø" esi at itk.ntnu.no
Sat Jul 9 07:44:22 EDT 2005

Nigel Smart wrote
> Umm.. you're wrong there, the linux servers have the same memory leak as
> that which is effecting the windows servers.

I never said they didn't. What I said is that they used to crash just as
frequently before the patch, only for other reasons. Warping is
virtually gone in 1.01, and we therefore consider the Linux 1.01 servers
to be HEAPS better than the 1.00 version, regardless of memoryleak. 1.01
is playable in Linux, yes, you get crashes every few hours, but 1.00 was
unplayable. Therefore 1.01 is better.

q.e.d

Einar