[bf1942] A plea to Andreas

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Fri Jul 8 00:46:09 EDT 2005

--On Friday, July 08, 2005 10:20 AM +1200 Simon Garner
<sgarner at gameplanet.co.nz> wrote:

> I agree in principle but I expect the problem would be that the server
> updates often require a client update, and while they might be happy to
> have Dice release a beta server patch EA would not contemplate releasing
> beta client software to the masses.

Many beta servers are released for UT2004 for each release of the client.
The trick is to keep the net protocol compatible from release to release.
Similarly, one can usually mix UT2004 clients of different vintages on the
same server.