[bf1942] Separate BF2 and BF1942 lists? (was: bye...)

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Sat Jul 2 18:13:38 EDT 2005

--On Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:09 PM -0400 Jeff Abbott
<fdiv_bug at email.com> wrote:

> I think if we were majority interested in moving to another, separate
> list we should use Google Groups  <http://groups.google.com>.

As Steven points out, Google Groups is an archive and front end for Usenet.
And it's failing to carry alt.games.ea.battlefield even though it's existed
for 6 months. (All the traffic used to be at alt.games.bf1942, which GG
does carry, but it moved to the new group to change names and mission.)

> No  offense is intended at all but I think it'd be better if the list
> weren't "affiliated" with any specific member in the event that
> interests wane on the part of that member.

Good point, and one reason I just offered to put the new BFProg list on
Gmane. We need "digital heirs" to handle our affairs in the event we move
on, one way or another. (Plus, Mailman lacks any native search ability for
archives.)

I'm hearing the consensus that all the traffic should stay here under the
present name, and I'm happy to leave it that way. I'll also point out that
Lightcubed just opened a separate BF2 section, for those who want to
separate traffic.

--On Saturday, July 02, 2005 5:18 PM +0100 Steven Hartland
<killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> If the single moaner wants to unsubscribe let then do so.

The offer to create a list still stands. I can still make a little "ghetto
list" for him. ;)

Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:

   1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
   2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and make
such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself
to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
   3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
   4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
may be included on your message.