Attracting Players

Jeff Abbott fdiv_bug at email.com
Fri Jul 1 11:17:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm new to both the list and the world of being a Battlefield 2
server admin, and I've got a server up that's not seeing many (or,
most of the time, any) players.  It does appear in the server browser
(search for it -- it's named "Chunky Bacon BF2") and I have no
trouble connecting to it, and I have seen a few players over the
course of a few days so I know others can see it.  The ping is pretty
low for me (~47ms) and I believe the server is more than adequate
(dual Opteron 242 with 4GB of memory), even though I don't think
that'd have much to do with keeping players away.  Should I be doing
something else?  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is it simply a
matter of waiting?

Thanks,
Jeff
--
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish
and he will starve before mastering the skill, thus saving you