[bf1942] Punkbuster (Was: How could DICE agree to this??)

Joe sechon at blackmud.com
Wed Feb 23 11:39:23 EST 2005

We've been getting those dreaded "connection problems detected". Server
restarts don't help, and ECGN claims our resources are fine. CPU maxing at
about 60, ram at over 1gb free....What kind of lag are you guys seeing? Ours
appears as the connection problems box, and lasts a few seconds usually. A
few nights ago it was so bad that it occured every 10-15 seconds for hours.
Restarting the process did nothing, but pingplotter and other probes from
all over the states, UDP, TCP, and ICMP based all were totally friggin
clean. Network looks FINE, which is driving us batty here. ECGN just
suggested attempting disabling PB, and after reading these as well I suppose
we will try next time it gets bad.

BFV 40-slot 69.31.96.68:15567

I'd love to start a ticket with EB over this, but I suspect it will be hard
to populate our server without PB, and it's hard to pinpoint exactly what
part of the game is lagging up, ya know? My last ticket at EB got a big
issue fixed (pb losing track of players in slots numbered greater than 32 or
so), and I do have some faith in them, but this is a tricky one...Has anyone
started a ticket on it?

-=CCC=-eggs