[bf1942] How could DICE agree to this??

Neal Clayton xayd at vae-victus.org
Tue Feb 22 22:46:27 EST 2005

Why worry about what people will be willing to live with?

I'd be willing to live with...

1) A bug free *nix server
2) An improved engine that doesn't suffer horribly from lag caused by
punkbuster
3) demos
4) an SDK, perhaps even open scripting language similar to UCC
5) automatic downloads of maps/mods from servers in-game on the fly,
with the ability to redirect the client
6) a fully functional remote administration tool shipped with the game,
for free

I can get all of these from any game based on the Quake or UT engines.

If the best EA can do with their time when the game in question is so
far behind even 1999 functionality is to try and corner server rental by
passing out game imbalance to noobs who play on their pub servers, then
who cares?

We can talk about what we can and can't live when when a Battlefield
game provides even equivalent functionality in comparison to the
competition.  Until they do provide such basic and expected
functionality, no changes that benefit EA at the expense of the rest of
us is at all acceptable.

Last time I checked we are buying the game and hosting the game with our
money, our servers, and our bandwidth.

Dunno about you but I don't owe EA any favors, so I'm not looking to
debate how many bad changes benefitting EA that I can live with.