[bf1942] Re: Re: How could DICE agree to this??

Cameron cameron at aberdeenlanparty.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 10:54:12 EST 2005

I dont actually beleve im saying this but this is going to be worst then
STEAM. For there game to prosper EAGames usually reley on the gamming
community to supply servers, the more servers available the more popular the
game generaly is. EA has come up with a new idea bugger the community and
force players who want to get the most of the product on to there servers.
They will probably only intend to support BF2 for 18 months at best just
look to BF1942 and see the support we get for that. What about LAN's I have
lots of regulars looking forward to playing this but we are only going to
get half the game I had heard EA were watching the launch of HL2 & Steam
with interest now we know why. I personaly wont be buying the game or
supplying a server at my events because I would be encoraging EA to shaft me
to a greater extent with there next release. Like someone said we are being
told how to use the software we buy, and what happens when EA decide that
supplying there servers are no longer financialy profitable will we have to
pay to play the full version of the game ??