[bf1942] Demo quality level

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 05:53:52 EST 2005

On 12/24/05, ScratchMonkey <ScratchMonkey at matureasskickers.net> wrote:
> Demos can be recorded at quality levels 1 through 5. Anyone experimented to
> see what changes from one level to another? Presumably it's not graphics,
> because demos are server-side, where there's no graphics to be recorded. So
> what additional info gets recorded for each increment in "quality"?

I'm not sure what the tresholds were eventually set to, but the
parameter controls the amount of bandwidth the virtual networks stream
for the demo gets. The effects should be similar to increasing the
client side connection setting with normal play, that is, bigger files
and better update frequencies (less interpolation).

Merry Christmas,
Andreas

--
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.