[bf1942] Patch news ("1.2")

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Wed Dec 14 19:04:26 EST 2005

> I haven't had the problem of having to reinstall my box 100
> times, but people from my clan has. One even bought a brand
> new box for alot of his saved money, a very nice machine if
> you ask me. Cleanly installed by some guy at the store, one
> of Swedens bigger stores.

And new machine can't have any HW problems?

> BF2 was the first thing he
> installed, patch 1.01 didn't work, patching failed. He
> reinstalled the whole box after a while, no go. 1.02 didn't
> work, 1.03 didn't work, he reinstalled quite a lot of times
> there aswell. 1.12 worked after having reinstalled and read
> trough alot of forums trying some halfbreed workaround, a mix
> between three different ones.
> Either way, I couldn't help him personally, He lives too far away.

Ever heard of Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)?
Anyway:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/terminal/rdpfandp.a
sp

> Either way, BF2 patches has some serious issues, you could
> call yourself lucky. Just as I call myself lucky.

Or, I just know what I'm doing. There had much problems in our clan too and
most of the problems was just user stupidy errors. Latest was kinda tricky,
friend got all the time PB kick, reason was no data flow. Pbsetup was
telling that everything is fine and latest. So I said that just delete
everything inside of PB folder and run pbsetup again. That fixed his
problem. "I didn't know that it's possible to remove all files..."
Sure it's possible now. pbweb.exe required one file (pbcl.db if I remember
right).

> My Commodore Vic-20 was installed 1982!!!11111oneoneone (I'm l33t)

Wow! You are my hero!