[bf1942] Are you using the 64-bit server much?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Fri Aug 26 14:34:59 EDT 2005

--On Friday, August 26, 2005 7:09 PM +0200 Giel van Schijndel
<giel at kingofdos.com> wrote:

> Unless you would start a compliling split on AMD/Pentium, because you
> could make to different compiles for both Athlon and P4, however I think
> bugs might be lots harder to track that way.

Or it might help. If you have a compiler bug and you only use one platform
and set of switches, it can be hard to identify as such. But if you have a
system that works on several platforms and fails on one, you can put your
finger on the platform, not the application, or at least a
platform-specific bug in the app (eg. misuse of a pointer).