[bf1942] Anyone have a popular non-ranked server?

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sun Aug 21 22:59:28 EDT 2005

I think the story is the same all around.  Honestly, I put up our unranked
server
and our clan plays on it, and that draws in 20-30 same as James. But we have
been chatting with clans we are friendly with on TWL and OGL, and many have
just
decided to treat it like "BIA" or WOW.  They play here and there, but don't
support it.

They use our unranked server to work-up their skills, then go out on the
ranked to kick-butt.

I will not buy another $200/mo server just for BF2.  It just isn't that good.
So we wait for COD2 (ANd COD3 has been announced), and God only knows
when DOD:Source will come out, but given the DC  Mod team joined Valve
DOD:Source team nearly a year ago, I suspect it is going to be awesome.

FPS's perhaps with the exception of CS and H/L run 3-4 years before their
numbers
lag off to a point where support is dropped. (Happening to SOF2 now).   I
don't think
BF2 will even last that long.  Just my 2 cents.  Nice game, poor model.

Mark