[bf1942] Anyone have a popular non-ranked server?

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Aug 15 16:30:45 EDT 2005

Our non ranked server is a wasteland. Back in the day when we ran DC, it
used to be full almost 24/7 (it would dip down to about 20 players at
about 5am our time, but that was it). We have excellent ping, plenty of
cpu, effectively unlimited bandwidth, but it seems the allure of having
your name listed on a web page along with thousands of anonymous gamers
is just too strong for 99% of the gaming world. We have a group of
regulars who play and some nights it gets up to 30 or 40 players, but
that's it.

We're hoping mods will help, but in the short term, it's very
frustrating, especially when we've put time, effort and money into
supporting the game in the past. I don't have any expectation it will
ever change, so as a group we'll certainly look very carefully at games
in the future before committing to them.

James