AW: [bf1942] Ranked Server Provider program details

Götz Klingelhöfer [KGN] tankmann at krawall.de
Mon Aug 15 07:19:17 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

yep it's true, we're still on our own here in germany. Of course that's in
part because it makes sense to have only one partner in germany while it
doesn't in the US. Because of the long coast-to-coast connections it would
hardly be possible to have only one partner for the whole of the US. Get a
smaller country and you can have it as well ;)

As for prices: Don't envy us too much. Our public servers are still running
full to the rim up to 80% of the time which causes quite some expenses in
traffic. And we have to pay a good deal more for that stuff than you guys
for two reasons: First of all its expensive in germany anyway and second
K-Play is a high-quality service-provider, meaning we don't just buy "any"
traffic but some with good routings, good international peerings aso. Also
we provide a 24/7 customer support via phone, irc, email and whatever else
you can think of. Human ressources necessary for that kind of stunt are also
much more expensive in germany due to our tax-system aso.

Wish I could tell you we're sitting on heaves of cash here but we don't.
If you take a look at the prices K-Play is asking for other games you'll
find that we're not dictating prices in any way. It's as normal and low a
K-Play price as they come.

Best,

--Goetz
Krawall.de // K-Play.de