[bf1942] BF1 Question : Using FireDaemon Pro to run bf1942?

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Wed Apr 13 10:25:19 EDT 2005

Slightly off topic, but--

For the first time in my professional life, I've had Linux boxes
hacked/virused this year, and in fact _twice_.  True, we were doing a lousy
job keeping them patched, and we left a hole in our firewall, and some
other mistakes, but it was disturbing to me nonetheless.

I generally tell non-techies that Linux is basically immune to attack
(which I knew was nonesense, but relatively speaking...).  The reason we
were so lassaiz faire about the boxes is because of a long history of their
running without incident.

Lee