[bf1942] Plea for CTF support in BF2 + 2 other things...

Jorrit Schippers jorrit at gameparty.net
Sat Oct 2 05:04:33 EDT 2004

I would suggest one more command:
admin.switchTeams (or something like that)
Everybody switches teams instantly. Useful for a clanmatch where you play
both sides on a map.

Also make sure that the following bf1942 bugs don''t also appear in BF2 (I
don''t know how far the engine will be the same):
- Soundbug
  If you pickup an enemy weapon kit, the enemy who owned it before you will
hear you shooting all the time, even when you aren't shooting

- Reloadbug:
  Sometimes, when you pickup a weapon or switch to another weapon, you are
forced to reload (switching to knife and back doesn't help) and you will end
up with one bullet less then before you reloaded.

- Weaponswitchbug:
  Sometimes switching to medkit or another weapon takes more time then
before. Perhaps the server doesn't give high priority to it.

(This one will most likely not appear in BF2, but as I summed up almost any
bug in bf42 1.6, I will add this one)
- Tigerbug:
  when you completely turn the tiger turret to the back, you will see in
outside view that the gun reaches farther then the vehicle. But when you
fire, you seem to hit yourself, which should be impossible.

That you will not release a patch for BF1942 I can understand, but please
take care of BF2. Perhaps some betatesting? Because I must say that my
opinion about EA's so called Quality Assurance team isn't that good ....

Good luck,

Jorrit Schippers