[bf1942] running mod on dedicated Linux Server

Andreas Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Tue May 25 18:15:21 EDT 2004

Actually BF:V doesn't support disabling content checking. It was one of the mistakes I had the chance to correct on my brief visit to Canada to help ship the game.

Essentially you need the MD5 hashes to make things happy, but I'm not sure of Dice Canada included the necessary support stuff to build them. Really it's just a simple set of commands you need to run from a client install, but the beauty of it is that is won't break as easily as did the bf1942 system.

Andy, do you know if the MD5-building script shipped with the game?

// Andreas