[bf1942] various replies from the fat and bored

Rick Thompson fortweb at fortweb.com
Mon Mar 22 20:00:20 EST 2004

We monitor all our gameservers here, both HL and BF and keep a slew of
services and live process/bandwidth monitors going 24/7. I rarely see a
server stop that has not been shut down by an admin.

The crashes I was talking about was bfsmd crashes, gameserver crashes not
related to bfsmd are more frequent but still pretty rare. On eight
gameservers we see maybe three to six crashes a month and most of those are
Statsme or bot induced crashes on HL servers. One or two crashes a month
between all five of the BF servers is the norm.

That is no doubt partially due to not allowing FTP access to the server.
BBO is their only interface so they have to try really hard to wreck something.

Two, 2.0 dual xeons and one 2.4 P4, the xeons running RH9/2.4.20-24.9smp,
the P4 running RHel3/2.4.21-4.0.1.ELsmp

Rick