[bf1942] various replies from the fat and bored

Rick Thompson fortweb at fortweb.com
Mon Mar 22 19:06:10 EST 2004

We have used BFSMD on dozens of servers since version 1.4 and never, *not
once* have I seen a server crash for no reason.

I have seen 3 or 4 crashes total since we started running BBO and that has
to be getting close to a year now. Every time there has been an obvious
reason in the bfsmd.log.

Two or three times it was because the server admin set it to coop with bots
in Internet mode and once I seen it crash because one admin was making a
bunch of settings changes while another one disabled the remote console. In
those instances it crashed the gameserver and brought down bfsmd as well.

It was never repeated a second time on the same server because the client
learned not to do such foolish things. The evidence of what is crashing
your server should be in the bfsmd.log file... assuming that's what is
causing the problem.

Rick