[bf1942] various replies from the fat and bored

AIX Gaming webmaster at aixgaming.com
Mon Mar 22 18:21:51 EST 2004

The idea that the pipe my box is on is not fat enough doesn't apply here
since it's 100mbit full duplex out to an OC-12.  I later posted my own
solution to this, which was that if you're running a linux bfv server, if
you have a windows based BFV CC instance sending console commands to the
linux server, it'll kill the linux bfv server. Guaranteed, every single
time, without fail.  When I turned off the BFV CC windows box, the server
stayed completely stable for the last 3 days straight and keeps going.  It
didn't last more than 30 minutes before I figured this out.  So it's got
nothing to do with the available bandwidth.