[bf1942] win32 dedicated doesnt work?

Jon Wolberg jon at ecgnetwork.com
Mon Mar 22 17:16:57 EST 2004

I downloaded it.  E-mail me directly and I can give you a link to the file
that I use.

Also, I am using the beta of BVSM, and even though I save the maplist, I get
this error in the BVSM logs when I try to start the server via the cmdline
option -start ( which starts BVSM and then has BVSM start the BFV server ):

3/22/2004 10:17:17 : Started under Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service
Pack 1 (Build 2600)
 3/22/2004 10:17:17 : Listening on 205.177.4.253:15667.
 3/22/2004 10:17:17 : WARNING: You must select a start map before you can
start the server.
 3/22/2004 10:17:17 : Couldn't start the server! Couldn't write maplist
file.
 3/22/2004 10:17:17 : Couldn't start server via command-line option!
 3/22/2004 10:17:23 : Exited

This was here on my workstation.  When I checked the maps tab in BVSM, all
the maps were checked, and a manual check of maplist.con shows there is
indeed a maplist there.  However, when I right click on a map in the maplist
in BVSM and tell it to "Set Next Map" and then click start, it starts fine.

I dont know if this is a BVSM bug or a dedserver bug :(

Jon Wolberg
Tech Support Manager
www.ECGNetwork.Com