[bf1942] BF Viet and BFSMD

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Mon Mar 15 13:54:26 EST 2004

Roger that, and I ain't signing any petition, not going to beg these guys
to do what is in their own self interest.

I simply won't run a server without decent tools available, and I certainly
won't pay THEM for them!

Lee

At 08:56 AM 3/13/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>IMHO Kevin should just start selling his excellent product and be done
>with this sort of thing...  Either that or Dice should just buy it and do
>away with theirs.
>
>--
>Steve Getman
>steve at lightcubed.com
>

><quote who="Kingsley Foreman">
> > bfv goes fourthSorry for the cross post in the forums and on the mail list
> >

> > OK folks,
> >
> >             As most of us know BF:V is being supported by BFCC and not
> > BFSMD.
> >
> > but what some of you might not know is that there is no linux port for
> > BFCC and when unrego'd
> >
> > it will be limited  2 admins, that's right folks BFCC is not free
> >

> > I and many other admins have been a huge supporter of kevlar at black bag
> > ops and
> >
> > also supported the decision by Dice to fund the continued development of
> > BFSMD.
> >
> > Dice choose not to continue this support for BF:V.
> >

> > The BBO forums also have a petition going for Dice's continued support of
> > BFSMD for BF:V located
> >
> > http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1725 which is up to
> > approx 60 servers/networks.
> >

> > Ok here are the facts.
> >

> > BFV is a hybrid dedicated server of bf1942 1.5-1.6 in command structure.
> >
> > this code is already written in BFSMD, and it would appear that it
> > wouldn't take
> >
> > much for Kevin to migrate it over (I apologize if I am wrong Kevin)
> >

> > We have worked out that BFV is a diff development team to the original
> > BF1942 team, at least on the Linux side of things, so who knows if the BFV
> > team is up on the importance of having a good Linux cli tool to manage the
> > servers.
> >
> > Im sure the admins know the importance of it, and I know that BBO has
> > already written an excellent one for BF1942.
> >

> > As a Admin I'm some what disappointed about Dice's decision here.
> > Considering almost half
> >
> > the BF1942 servers around the world are using Linux, to supply a Manager
> > that doesn't support
> >
> > Linux is crazy.
> >

> > So Im saying that I hope Dice Change their minds and start supporting BBO
> > for the development of a BFSMD that supports BFV
> >
> > because we need it
> >

> > If you agree make yourself heard
> >

> > Kingsley
> >
> > http://games.internode.on.net

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com