AW: [bf1942] bfv goes fourth

Martin Steiger martin at steigi.com
Sat Mar 13 08:52:40 EST 2004

Peter: First of all, thanks for the GLIBC <= 2.2 thing!!

Second: As you may know, there are some log-parsers for BF1942 out there (at
the moment I only know of select(bf) and phpBFStats). It is not a "very"
important thing to have the mapname in the logs, but it would make life
easier, since both stats-systems are also creating mapstats. If you think,
you could manage it, to have this in 1.0, it would be great...

Not many people really care for the logfiles, but they do care, if their
stats are wrong... ;)

Next (unimportant) thing: I had a short look at the logs and they look
similar to the ones, bf1942 creates. But first thing what I saw is, that
flag captures are not called "attacks" anymore. Sure, it makes sense to call
them "FlagCaptures"... ;) Still, it would be easiest (for us of course), if
the events are similar, since you could use both stat-systems for BF1942 and
BF:V... As said, not really important, just a "nice-to-have"...

Again, thanks for your hard work!

Martin