[bf1942] +overlayPath not working and other issues?

Peter Chang peter.chang at dicecanada.com
Mon Mar 15 07:34:14 EST 2004

[ meta - top posting is evil you all do it, but that doesn't make it right
:-) ]

> From: David Harrison [mailto:trogspam at games.telstra.com]
> Subject: Re: [bf1942] +overlayPath not working and other issues?
>

> Is there a way to get PunkBuster to pay attention to the +overlayPath?
>
> Eg, I'd like to have each of my various overlayPaths with their own PB
> directory in it (with its own PB settings/logs etc

this is a pb thing i don't think that it is configurable by us that way w/o
their assitance, but will look into it.

anyway, looking at the strace and LD_DEBUG output i think you can do this
(at least on .elf systems) by playing LD_LIBRARY_PATH games.

completely untested

	- copy the pb directories to your overlay directory
	- symlink the mod directory to your overlay directory
	- prepend the overlay directory to your LD_LLIBRARY_PATH
	- cd to your overlay path directory
	- run the exe relative to your cwd

\p