[bf1942] Vietnam

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Mon Mar 1 15:07:54 EST 2004

Just went and checked 'em out.  Looks like a terrific mod.

I'd like to see buildings you can destroy.  Further character animation
improvement (did I see any in there?  I'm not sure from the lo-res
movies).  Hillsides you can put craters in.  Day/night
cycles.  Rain.  Civilians.  Windows you can break (they had'em in Duke
Nukem, presumably it can still be done!)  Ability to dig trenches.  Cut
down trees (or, preferably, mow them down with machine gun fire.  Tough
damn trees in bf1942 world).  Take trees and pieces of buildings to build
fortified positions.  And, of course, more porn.

I could go on for hours.  In short, the only things that bf1942 is lacking
in a big way, more interactivity with the environment, stuff deep in the
engine itself.  I expect this would take a couple years.  Everything else
is just interface tweaks and new weapons, and I for one will be
disappointed to pay for it, just as I have been in the past with countless
too-soon-to-be-real-upgrade sequels.  Grand Theft Auto: Vice City comes to
mind.  Give me half of the above and I'll be elated to pay for it, and buy
copies for my friends (again!)

A built in mp3 player would be very nice too.

Lee

At 02:23 PM 3/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, it'll finally clean up a lot of the glitches in the mods, such as
>the fact that your hand is usually floating through the barrel of the gun,
>or the reloading animations that reload the M60 like a magazine fed
>weapon.  I put together a list of links to 19 high-res movies that are on
>IGN for BFV that are rather impressive.  Have a look.
>
>http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=570
>

> > Lee Latham wrote:
> >
> >> I must confess I wonder what the point of BF:V is, when there is already
> >> an excellent mod out there for bf1942.
> >
> > I gotta say I've asked myself the exact same thing, especially after
> > spending an excellent night playing EOD, and noticing the level of
> > professional modelling, texturing, map making, balancing and testing
> > that has obviously gone into this mod.
> >
> > And after all, EOD is completely free...
> >
> > I guess we'll have to wait and see what DICE have up their sleeve...
> >
> > --ck

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com