[bf1942] Petition for BF1942!

InCisT InCisT at Popsikle.net
Wed Jul 21 08:37:47 EDT 2004

Stefan Engbersen wrote:

> The petition now already has almost 9000 votes.
> And BF1942 still is proven the be a very active competitive game, in
> Europe even
> twice as active in competitions and cups as BF Vietnam.
> A lot of things need to improve to keep this game competitive,
> although it seems

Learn to MOD.

> DICE isn't even listening to the community as they are saying they do.
> WELL NO:
> -We never asked for a Official WWII mod for Vietnam
> -We never asked for maps like Caen or Philipines, who are seldomly played

Yes we did. We asked for more official maps, and IMO they get played alot.

> -We never asked for sucky guns like the DP or the Johnson

You wanted realism or you want it to be more like UT?

> What we are asking is to fix some bugs in BF1942 and although the
> petition is about
> BFTV, which would be nice to have. Since a lot is casted on the
> internet. It mainly is about
> bugs (mainly reloadbugs, hitbox box bugs etc.), pixelshooting, first
> person specmode, demorecording and maybe a proper netcode without bullets
> flying 4 meters an hour. And not the forget that annoying CPU usage in
> the linuxserver.

Hmm. Which one of these makes it more competitive?
Pixelshooting, Fixable in a mod.
The rest would be nice to have but not required for comp.
CPU Usage? Lets see, with all the shit its gotta keep up with, I dont
see bad performance at all. In fact im thankfull that they have been
able to improve the linux server from where it started.
Demo recording takes alot of engine changes, and if its just thrown
togethor then they are HUGE files.  BFTV Is possible, as my clan has
streamed live games (delayed by 30 seconds to prevent cheaters) over the
internet before. If you cant figure out how to do it then its not DICE's
fault your a moron.

> So DICE shouldn't be saying they listen to the community, nobody ever
> asked the community even.
> And since Battlefield Vietnam will never make it competivitely wise to
> 1942, I am asking DICE again
> to reconsider their choice not to support BF1942 anymore.
> It just can't be that a succesfull game like BF1942 is already
> starting to die after 1,5 year, that's just not right.
> Anyway I am sending this mail on behalf of the clanbase.com community.
> Hope to get an official answer from Andreas :-)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stefan Engbersen
> http://www.clanbase.com/humaninfo.php?hid=1426746
> impact-Hosting.com

Maybe you should think about changing what you want changed before you
complain so loudly.  Or submit it to the bfpro change requests, they got
off thier asses and started changing things they didnt like, why dont
you? Im tired of people always saying blah blah blah DICE FIX THIS DICE
FIX THAT when in the last year they have put massive amounts of hard
work into this to make it where it is, now its your turn.  With BF:V and
BF2 how many more projects do you think DICE can work on? Maybe once the
BF:V issues die down they can try and release a final patch for BF but
jesus cut them some slack.

InCisT