BFV Linux Server Settings

VU Admin admin at viribus.de
Tue Jul 6 04:09:10 EDT 2004

Hello Mailinglist,

 I have some problems setting up our BFV Linux Server.

 Our Clanplayers are reporting that our server does not work fine - not as
 fine as other servers with equal cpu AND more players on it.
 (on our, aiming is much harder, some lag, etc.)

 So I tried many different config settings but nothing seems to help.
 Like static/dynamic, eventlogging on/off...
 I have no idea left, what to do, so maybe you have one.

 System specs:
 CPU:   AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.1GHz
 Chip:  VIA Chipset
 RAM:   1.5GB
 OS:    Linux Debian Woody with some Backports
        Kernel 2.6.5 (fit on system)
        GCC 2.95.4

 Top says 4% CPU utilization (3% user, 1% sys) for the BFV task with 0
 from 20 players connected.

 Is more information needed?

Anyone here having equal or similar hardware? Can anyone post or email the
serversettings to me?

I would be grateful for your information!!!

Greetings, Mic.
--
eMail: admin at viribus.de -+- QuakeNet IRC: #viribus

Debian (Woody + Backports) Linux, 2.6.5 Kernel, AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.1GHz