punkbuster bans on hardware level

brammes brambugmail at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 16:32:12 EDT 2004

The cost of hacking on PunkBuster servers has just
gone up significantly. PunkBuster now computes
Hardware GUIDs for various pieces of hardware on
players' systems while playing on PunkBuster servers.
We use multiple private one-way hashes so that no
serial number information for individual computers can
be determined by admins or anyone else who may try to
obtain this information from a Hardware GUID

more info@
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=announce.php

no mercy for the cheating punks! although I'm not sure
if this is legal?