[bf1942] 1.6 patch details

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Sat Jan 17 21:57:36 EST 2004

--On Sunday, January 18, 2004 1:29 PM +1300 Lance Woollett
<lancewlt at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> arggh! don't! We (the game playing community) pay good money to *buy*
> these games... and the last thing we want is to be bombarded with *more*
> advertising. I can't think of a better way to put people off a game. Sorry
> but the idea just plain sucks.

It would be more accurate to say that some fraction of the game playing
community objects to advertising. I, as another member of that community,
have no problem with it. In fact, I find quite a lot of advertising is
entertaining. (BTW, has anyone seen IBM's "orphan" commercial pushing
Linux?)

Moreover, the advertising would mostly help the game *serving* community,
who have to foot expensive bandwidth bills to host games. I sure wouldn't
mind offsetting my bandwidth costs by selling advertising space on my
server.