Textures Prob with DC 0.6 and/or nvidia 53.XX driver

Manni Eppe manni_eppe at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 5 18:54:35 EST 2004

Hi all
I'm having a problem with my textures in DC since 0.6 and/or the NVIDIA
5*.** driver. It's quite hard to describe even though it's a REALLY big and
annoying bug.
It often happens when i fly: All the ground textures get weird, e.g. i do
not see the tanks on the ground but only their chains. Also the terrain is
sometimes gone and weird. Seems to me i can only see the Water (which is
actually under the ground in almost every map...) Another effect of that
bug is that i can see through hills. (plz don't call me cheater, i really
do not want that crap) Sometimes it also happens when i'm on the ground in
a tank or so, but mostly in the air.
I'm running an Athlon 1800XP+ with 1 GB 266 DDR RAM and a Leadtek TD 250
(GeForce 4400Ti) and the 53.03 driver from NVIDIA. with the 52.** driver it
was the same.
I'm not really sure if it is since the NVIDIA 5*.** driver or DC 0.6, i
installed both at the same time.

Thx for anyone answering who had the same prob.

Manni