[bf1942] Textures Prob with DC 0.6 and/or nvidia 53.XX driver

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Jan 5 19:10:58 EST 2004

Manni Eppe wrote:

 > Hi all
 > I'm having a problem with my textures in DC since 0.6 and/or the NVIDIA
 > 5*.** driver. It's quite hard to describe even though it's a REALLY big
 > and annoying bug.

Well first up, this is not a Linux server problem, so I'm not sure why
you sent it to this list - doesn't bother me in particular, but I know
some folks get testy about it.

Anyway, if you do a search on one of the many community message boards
that deal more with client issues, you'll find that this is a fairly
well known problem with the latest Nvidia drivers. Back down to an
earlier version, and you should be fine.

See here, for example:
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/search.asp?terms=nvidia+textures&wordtype=1&whichforum=0&searchwhich=2

James