[bf1942] [BF42] EXPLOIT!

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Wed Feb 25 20:33:07 EST 2004

ståhl wrote:
> nothing about this exploit has appeared on securityfocus although there
> is something about punkbuster being vulnerable. (
> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/9697 ). This makes me hesitate even more.

It was on bugtraq this morning. Here's a quote from the mail:

  Battlefield 1942.....................FIXED only Linux DS 1.6RC2.
      I was in contact with Dice about the bug but after the Linux
      dedicated server patch I lost any contact with them (no replies)
      so I don't know the current status of the fixes for the retail and
      the win32 dedicated server

So according to this, if you run 1.6RC2, you should be ok.. did the
person testing this exploit check against this version?

James